The International School of Bergamo serves a diverse community of students from a range of nationalities, cultures and backgrounds. We offer a broad based education which uses English as the main language of learning and caters for a range of student abilities. The school is officially an IB World School that has adopted a set of core values that guide every feature of the educational provision and is explicitly committed to the full implementation of the International Baccalaureate.
ISBergamo is a growing reality, following its students through their educational path.
September 2019 has seen the establishment of the High school with the opening of Grade 10.
Grade 11 will follow in September 2020 and so forth, with the completion of the entire educational path by the school year 2023-2024.
2. Current ISB families are given priority in re-registering their children for the new school year.
3. Families of students seeking admission to ISB should contact the school to arrange an appointment with the Senior Management Team. The purpose of this meeting is for parents to become informed about the school (its core values and its educational programme).
4. In some cases, and necessarily for all students applying after Grade 7, the school may carry out a formal assessment of the student in order to determine grade placement or to decide on appropriate learning or behavioural support.
5. Once an offer of a place is made, it is confirmed at the moment the student’s family signs the official registration form and the school accepts payment for the admission fee. At this moment parents should be particularly aware of the commitments they are making towards the school.
2. Assessment - We always base admission on academic records as well as the student’s proficiency in the English language. Students applying to the school after Grade 7 will be asked to undergo an assessment in Maths, English and Italian* (*only for native Italians). This may also apply to children entering from Grade 3 onwards, depending on academic records.
3. Language - Students may be admitted regardless of their ability in English up to Grade 3 and EAL provision will be made available by the school. Students transferring into Grade 3 or onwards will be expected to have a satisfactory level of English or the family may be expected to fund appropriate individual support at additional expense.
4. Special Educational Needs - We expect parents to inform us of any previously identified special needs or previously received support at the time of application. In some cases, parents may be asked to commit to providing extra support for their child, which may take the form of in-class support or out of school provision. The school cannot usually meet the needs of students with severe difficulties including autism.
Pre-K: children from 24 months of age.
Kindergarten: children born in 2017
Transition: children born in 2016
Grade 1: children born in 2015
Grade 2: children born in 2014
Grade 3: children born in 2013
Grade 4: children born in 2012
Grade 5: children born in 2011
Grade 6: children born in 2010
Grade 7: students born in 2009
Grade 8: students born in 2008
Grade 9: students born in 2007
Grade 10: students born in 2006
Grade 11: students born in 2005
|ITALIAN PROGRAMME||AGE||INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF BERGAMO based on IB Curriculum|
|Scuola dell’infanzia||5||Grade 1|
|1a Scuola Primaria||6||Grade 2|
|2a Scuola Primaria||7||Grade 3|
|3a Scuola Primaria||8||Grade 4|
|4a Scuola Primaria||9||Grade 5|
|5a Scuola Primaria||10||Grade 6|
|Exhibition Stage (PYP)|
|1a Scuola Secondaria 1° Grado||11||Grade 7|
|2a Scuola Secondaria 1° Grado||12||Grade 8|
|3a Scuola Secondaria 1° Grado||13||Grade 9|
|Esame di stato 1° Livello||Esame di stato 1° Livello|
|1a Scuola Secondaria Superiore||14||Grade 10|
|2a Scuola Secondaria Superiore||15||Grade 11|
|Personal Project (MYP)|
|3a Scuola Secondaria Superiore||16||Grade 12|
|4a Scuola Secondaria Superiore||17||Grade 13|
|5a Scuola Secondaria Superiore||18||Final Written IB Diploma|
|Esame di stato conclusivo||19|
The main differences between the Italian system and the one adopted by ISBergamo lie in the Elementary School which begins one year earlier and lasts 6 years, and in the High School which ends one year earlier. Students following the whole curriculum will therefore enter university one year in advance.