The Primary Years Programme
These are some of the assessment tools:
- Rubrics: student and/or teacher-designed criteria
- Anecdotal records: brief written notes based on observations of students
- Continuums: which show a progression of achievement or identify where a student is.
The school will report on your child's progress in the following ways:
- Written report - February and June
- Parent-Teacher Conferences - meetings in October and February
- Student-Led Conference in June (involve the student and parent. The students are responsible for leading the conference, they will discuss and reflect upon samples of work that they have previously chosen to share with their parents)
- Regular correspondence (email, notes, class unit newsletter) from class teacher.
The ITALIAN PROGRAMME
Although most of our emphasis is focused on the development of English, the Italian programme is given ample space in the Elementary school timetable in order to provide native italians with a solid base for the correct development of their mother tongue.
Italian Mother Tongue classes begin in Grade 1, developing language skills (speaking, reading and writing) throughout the entire school curriculum.
The aim of this class is to provide the necessary competences that will enable, if needed, the transition to an Italian public school.
ISBergamo will offer the preparation for the 5° Elementare (idoneità) and the Licenza Media with courses that are integrated into the IB framework.[/highlights]
The Digital Programme
The International School of Bergamo firmly believes in the importance of digital learning. All classes are equipped with smart boards and, since September 2012, all children in the Elementary School are involved in the iPad 1:1 Programme. Digital media are highly compatible with the school’s teaching methods, based on child-centred education, on the development of skills and attitudes, and on interactive, hands-on and collaborative work.Learn more
The school organises regular educational field trips to places of interest that complement the units of inquiry throughout the year.
The trips encourage students to learn and understand the real world and become lifelong learners.
Sports play an important role in the school curriculum. The elementary timetable includes 2 hours of PE per week. Thanks to the numerous sports centers located near the school, different activities are organized as part of the school curriculum.
At ISBergamo, extra-curricular activities parallel the official curriculum reinforcing important aspects of the school philosophy such as social interaction and physical activity.
After-school activities are available for students from Grade 1 and run Monday through Friday from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m.
All children are ISB take part in a weekly Art lab based on the Bruno Munari methodology.
A music lesson each week, taught by Virginia Longo, specialized in the Orff-Schulwerk methodology will integrate
Drama plays a very important part in the school curriculum. The children engage in 2 school performances per year.